Just in time for Christmas, our resident nutritionist and naturopath Shelley McKenzie has created this delicious and healthy twist on traditional gingerbread using our Euphemia Organic Wholefoods range, perfect for the whole family or wrapped up as a beautiful home-made Christmas gift for friends, family, teachers or the neighbours! Grab the recipe below:
Let the Christmas baking begin. I’ve been playing around with these Ginger and Goji Christmas Cookies and they are delicious. Of course, I am using the beautiful ingredients from my Euphemia family.
I absolutely love sneaking ginger into my diet where I can. Ginger has been used around the world for centuries because of the amazing medicinal properties that it holds. It is commonly used to aid in digestion and relieve bloating, flatulence and reflux. It also helps relieve nausea reduce inflammation and even to fight the common cold and flu.
So remember to add it to baking, cooking or drink it as a herbal tea. It will not only serve your body well, but it tastes delicious too!
1 1/2 cups Euphemia Organic Coconut Flour
1.5 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp Himalayan salt
1/4 cup Euphemia Organic Goji Berries
3/4 cup coconut sugar
6 tbsp ghee or butter (room temp)
3 tbsp rice malt syrup or organic maple syrup
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Pre heat over at 180 degrees and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- In a food processor or a large mixing bowl add all of the ingredients together and mix until well combined. The dough will seem soft and crumbly but should stick together if you press it together in your hands.
- With your hands roll the ingredients into a bowl, place securely in cling wrap and put in the freezer for 10 minutes to firm up.
- Once firm, take out of the freezer and flatten with your hands or a rolling pin.
- Using a cookie cutter, cut the dough and place each cookie onto your lined baking tray. Repeat until the mixture is used.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until golden.
- Once cooked allow to cook on the tray for 5 minutes before moving them onto a cooling rack.
- Once cool, eat and enjoy.
- You may like to drizzle dark chocolate over the top to garnish your cookies.