We're so thrilled to welcome Shelley McKenzie to the Euphemia family as our new brand ambassador! Shelley is a Nutritionist and Naturopath practicing in Melbourne, and also the host of the Freedom Wellness Podcast which features some great guests and insightful information on all things health and wellness. Be sure to check it out.
We're delighted to have Shelley working with us as she's a wealth of knowledge about optimising nutrition in our cooking.
Over the coming months Shelley will be bringing us some nutritious, delicious recipes using the Euphemia Organics Wholefoods range, and first up is this super satisfying Black Quinoa and Chia Porridge!
Quinoa is an amazing gluten free ingredient. It has amounts of all 9 amino acids, making it a complete vegetarian protein source. Plus it’s super high in fibre and has many vitamins and minerals including magnesium, iron, vitamin E, calcium, folate and potassium. This porridge is just one way to get more quinoa into your diet.
* 1 cups of Euphemia Organic Black Quinoa
* 2 cups almond milk (or milk of your choice)
* 3 tbsp Euphemia Organic Chia Seeds
* 2 tbsp Organic Honey
* 1 tbsp coconut oil
* 1 tsp cinnamon
* 1 tsp vanilla extract
* Coconut yogurt
1. In a pot add milk, quinoa, coconut oil, honey, vanilla extract and cinnamon. Bring to a boil and then turn to a simmer, stirring occasionally until the liquid is absorbed.
2. When the liquid is almost fully absorbed stir through the chia seeds and continue cooking on low heat until the liquid is fully absorbed.
3. Serve into your bowl and top with all your favourite toppings!