Our newest recipe was developed by the brilliant and talented nutritionist Alanna Brown.
Lana works tirelessly to promote food education with Jamie Oliver's Learn Your Fruit and Veg Foundation, as well as working with Open Table to teach people how to reduce their food waste. You can follow her to see some more of her incredible recipes here.
Banana & Peanut Butter Muesli Bites
Makes approx 9 bites
Combining satiating good fats and plant-based protein with the sweetness of well-ripened bananas, these muesli bites are a fantastic hunger buster for the mid-morning slump or afternoon tea. Including nuts and seeds daily as part of a balanced diet has numerous health benefits thanks to the fibre, protein, good fats & micronutrients found inside!
2 tablespoons Organic Crunchy Peanut Butter
1 medium ripened banana, mashed
1 tablespoon honey or maple syrup, optional
Preheat oven to 170C
- Combine 1 tablespoon of the peanut butter with the mashed banana & honey/maple syrup in a mixing bowl.
- Add the Muesli and hemp seeds. Stir to combine.
- Using a dessert spoon, dollop heaped spoonfuls of the batter onto a baking paper lined oven tray.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, until the edges begin to turn golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and place on a wire-rack to cool.
- Heat the remaining peanut butter in the microwave or on the stove top. Drizzle or dollop over the muesli bites.
Store in an air-tight container for 5 days.